Welcome to the official website of composer Erik Morales!
• Please subscribe to my YouTube channel to view full scores and sound demos. CLICK HERE! New score videos will be posted every week. Thanks!
• NEW RELEASE! January 17, 2020, “THROUGH SPACE AND TIME” for 4 B-flat Trumpets and 4 Flugelhorns (~5 minutes) commissioned by the students of trumpet master Hiroaki Hayasaka from Kyoto, Japan. CLICK HERE FOR PRODUCT PAGE!
• Blackbinder implementation begins! Blackbinder versions of Concerto, Concerto for Two Trumpets and Passion Dance are now included with your hard-copy purchases of those pieces. Blackbinder is the most advanced automatic-scrolling sheet music app on the planet. Download it for free at the Apple App Store today and try it out.
• Congratulations to the Greater Dallas Youth Trumpet Ensemble for winning the inaugural 2019 NTC Pre-College Trumpet Ensemble Division with a great performance of “Cityscapes”. Check it out on YouTube: https://youtu.be/oJCnZB0crpo
• Just wanted to let you all know that I’m currently working on a bunch of new pieces! I just completed a new trumpet quintet for “Takumi” trumpet ensemble from Japan entitled “Celestial Dance”. That piece will be premiered and released in May 2019. I’ve also composed a 14 minute work for Stuttgart City Brass entitled “Ancient City” which will be released in January 2020. And, as usual, FJH Publishing will be releasing a new concert band work as well. Stay tuned for more updates coming…
• The trumpet ensemble from the University of Music Würzburg (Germany) has recorded “Infinite Ascent”. Check it out on YouTube: https://youtu.be/S22ipwqYr8M
Birds of Paradise
“Birds of Paradise” was composed in 2015 at the request of Tromba Mundi. Founded in 2007 for the sole purpose of the exploration, promotion and performance of new works for trumpet ensemble, Tromba Mundi has recorded several world premiere compositions and continues to commission new music for the genre. “Birds of Paradise” was conceived as a “triple duet” utilizing 2 C's (1st C Trumpet doubles on B-flat Piccolo Trumpet), 2 B-flats and 2 Flugelhorns. In the beginning of the piece each duet is introduced independently. The focus of the work is the interplay between the three duets. Interplay is also an interesting behavior of the real birds of paradise that inhabit eastern Indonesia, Papua New Guinea and eastern Australia. These special animals are the inspiration for this work.
ISMN # 979-0-800118-02-9