Welcome to the official website of composer Erik Morales!
• Please subscribe to my YouTube channel to view full scores and sound demos. CLICK HERE! New score videos will be posted every week. Thanks!
• NEW RELEASE! January 17, 2020, “THROUGH SPACE AND TIME” for 4 B-flat Trumpets and 4 Flugelhorns (~5 minutes) commissioned by the students of trumpet master Hiroaki Hayasaka from Kyoto, Japan. CLICK HERE FOR PRODUCT PAGE!
• Blackbinder implementation begins! Blackbinder versions of Concerto, Concerto for Two Trumpets and Passion Dance are now included with your hard-copy purchases of those pieces. Blackbinder is the most advanced automatic-scrolling sheet music app on the planet. Download it for free at the Apple App Store today and try it out.
• Congratulations to the Greater Dallas Youth Trumpet Ensemble for winning the inaugural 2019 NTC Pre-College Trumpet Ensemble Division with a great performance of “Cityscapes”. Check it out on YouTube: https://youtu.be/oJCnZB0crpo
• Just wanted to let you all know that I’m currently working on a bunch of new pieces! I just completed a new trumpet quintet for “Takumi” trumpet ensemble from Japan entitled “Celestial Dance”. That piece will be premiered and released in May 2019. I’ve also composed a 14 minute work for Stuttgart City Brass entitled “Ancient City” which will be released in January 2020. And, as usual, FJH Publishing will be releasing a new concert band work as well. Stay tuned for more updates coming…
• The trumpet ensemble from the University of Music Würzburg (Germany) has recorded “Infinite Ascent”. Check it out on YouTube: https://youtu.be/S22ipwqYr8M
"Cityscapes" is a three movement work for five Bb trumpets. Each movement gives a caricature of city life "under the microscope". The first part entitled "Rush Hour" is a light and somewhat comical movement that depicts the morning commute into the city. The second part, entitled "Skyscrapers", attempts to portray the grandeur and magnificence of the city's skyline. The third and final part, entitled "Rhythm of the City", is a musical essay that describes how a city is always teeming with action and is never at rest. The final movement features an unusual percussive effect that treats the trumpet as a melodic percussion instrument. This piece was performed by the Grand Valley State University Trumpet Ensemble at the 2005 International Trumpet Competition to a second place finish.
• Congratulations to the Greater Dallas Youth Trumpet Ensemble for winning the inaugural 2019 NTC Pre-College Trumpet Ensemble Division with a great performance of "Cityscapes". Check it out on YouTube: https://youtu.be/oJCnZB0crpo
ISMN # 979-0-800118-03-6
Grade Level - Very Difficult
Duration - 8 min. 45 sec.