Welcome to the official website of composer Erik Morales!
• Please subscribe to my YouTube channel to view full scores and sound demos. CLICK HERE! New score videos will be posted every week. Thanks!
• NEW RELEASE! January 17, 2020, “THROUGH SPACE AND TIME” for 4 B-flat Trumpets and 4 Flugelhorns (~5 minutes) commissioned by the students of trumpet master Hiroaki Hayasaka from Kyoto, Japan. CLICK HERE FOR PRODUCT PAGE!
• Blackbinder implementation begins! Blackbinder versions of Concerto, Concerto for Two Trumpets and Passion Dance are now included with your hard-copy purchases of those pieces. Blackbinder is the most advanced automatic-scrolling sheet music app on the planet. Download it for free at the Apple App Store today and try it out.
• Congratulations to the Greater Dallas Youth Trumpet Ensemble for winning the inaugural 2019 NTC Pre-College Trumpet Ensemble Division with a great performance of “Cityscapes”. Check it out on YouTube: https://youtu.be/oJCnZB0crpo
• Just wanted to let you all know that I’m currently working on a bunch of new pieces! I just completed a new trumpet quintet for “Takumi” trumpet ensemble from Japan entitled “Celestial Dance”. That piece will be premiered and released in May 2019. I’ve also composed a 14 minute work for Stuttgart City Brass entitled “Ancient City” which will be released in January 2020. And, as usual, FJH Publishing will be releasing a new concert band work as well. Stay tuned for more updates coming…
• The trumpet ensemble from the University of Music Würzburg (Germany) has recorded “Infinite Ascent”. Check it out on YouTube: https://youtu.be/S22ipwqYr8M
Concerto for Two Trumpets - Full Band Version
The following samples were performed by Richard Stoelzel and Rex Richardson with the Grand Valley State University Wind Ensemble under the direction of Kevin Tutt from their album, "Under Western Skies" (Klavier K 11209):
**This version includes a spiral bound, 128 page, 11"x17" wind band score and a cd-rom containing all parts in PDF format packaged in a custom shipping box**
This three movement work can be best described as a celebration of all that is great about the trumpet. In keeping with my philosophy of the importance of melody each movement is carefully crafted to entertain and engage the listener. The piece was designed specifically for two B-flat trumpets. My goal was to have the two soloists as “equals”. So there are several passages where both soloists are playing in unison. This fortifies the melodic passages with a deep, full sounding chorus effect. Each soloist has an opportunity to shine. All three movements are designed to run together with little to no “break time” in between. The total duration is approximately 17 minutes (depending on chosen tempos). This work was made possible through a consortium organized by Professor James Ackley of the University of South Carolina. The piece was debuted at the 2013 International Trumpet Guild Conference in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
ISMN # 979-0-800118-07-4
Duration - ~17 min.