Welcome to the official website of composer Erik Morales!
• Please subscribe to my YouTube channel to view full scores and sound demos. CLICK HERE! New score videos will be posted every week. Thanks!
• NEW RELEASE! January 17, 2020, “THROUGH SPACE AND TIME” for 4 B-flat Trumpets and 4 Flugelhorns (~5 minutes) commissioned by the students of trumpet master Hiroaki Hayasaka from Kyoto, Japan. CLICK HERE FOR PRODUCT PAGE!
• Blackbinder implementation begins! Blackbinder versions of Concerto, Concerto for Two Trumpets and Passion Dance are now included with your hard-copy purchases of those pieces. Blackbinder is the most advanced automatic-scrolling sheet music app on the planet. Download it for free at the Apple App Store today and try it out.
• Congratulations to the Greater Dallas Youth Trumpet Ensemble for winning the inaugural 2019 NTC Pre-College Trumpet Ensemble Division with a great performance of “Cityscapes”. Check it out on YouTube: https://youtu.be/oJCnZB0crpo
• Just wanted to let you all know that I’m currently working on a bunch of new pieces! I just completed a new trumpet quintet for “Takumi” trumpet ensemble from Japan entitled “Celestial Dance”. That piece will be premiered and released in May 2019. I’ve also composed a 14 minute work for Stuttgart City Brass entitled “Ancient City” which will be released in January 2020. And, as usual, FJH Publishing will be releasing a new concert band work as well. Stay tuned for more updates coming…
• The trumpet ensemble from the University of Music Würzburg (Germany) has recorded “Infinite Ascent”. Check it out on YouTube: https://youtu.be/S22ipwqYr8M
Designed primarily as a contest piece, “Metallic Fury” is a virtuosic showcase to test the capabilities of trumpet technique and ensemble unity. The work unfolds in three contrasting sections. The first is characteristically exciting and heroic. It intones this mood from the very first ascending bell-tone in measure 1; a clear declaration of aggressiveness and superiority. The second section features everyone on flugelhorn and speaks in stark contrast to the other sections of the work. The third section has similar characteristics to the first but is slightly faster and more challenging. “Metallic Fury” was designed and conceived for performance at the 2010 National Trumpet Competition (Fairfax, Virginia, USA) by the top Grand Valley State University Trumpet Ensemble (Allendale, Michigan).
ISMN # 979-0-800118-17-3