Welcome to the official website of composer Erik Morales!
• Please subscribe to my YouTube channel to view full scores and sound demos. CLICK HERE! New score videos will be posted every week. Thanks!
• NEW RELEASE! January 17, 2020, “THROUGH SPACE AND TIME” for 4 B-flat Trumpets and 4 Flugelhorns (~5 minutes) commissioned by the students of trumpet master Hiroaki Hayasaka from Kyoto, Japan. CLICK HERE FOR PRODUCT PAGE!
• Blackbinder implementation begins! Blackbinder versions of Concerto, Concerto for Two Trumpets and Passion Dance are now included with your hard-copy purchases of those pieces. Blackbinder is the most advanced automatic-scrolling sheet music app on the planet. Download it for free at the Apple App Store today and try it out.
• Congratulations to the Greater Dallas Youth Trumpet Ensemble for winning the inaugural 2019 NTC Pre-College Trumpet Ensemble Division with a great performance of “Cityscapes”. Check it out on YouTube: https://youtu.be/oJCnZB0crpo
• Just wanted to let you all know that I’m currently working on a bunch of new pieces! I just completed a new trumpet quintet for “Takumi” trumpet ensemble from Japan entitled “Celestial Dance”. That piece will be premiered and released in May 2019. I’ve also composed a 14 minute work for Stuttgart City Brass entitled “Ancient City” which will be released in January 2020. And, as usual, FJH Publishing will be releasing a new concert band work as well. Stay tuned for more updates coming…
• The trumpet ensemble from the University of Music Würzburg (Germany) has recorded “Infinite Ascent”. Check it out on YouTube: https://youtu.be/S22ipwqYr8M
Music From Strange Places
VIEW SAMPLE SCORE (sample score will open in new browser tab)
Composed in June of 2007, "Music From Strange Places" was designed to showcase the multi-faceted talents of virtuoso trumpeter Vincent DiMartino and was premiered at the 2007 International Trumpet Seminar hosted at Grand Valley State University, Allendale, Michigan.
Upon reading the title one may assume this piece was written for some motion picture entitled "Strange Places". However, this could not be further from the truth. Actually, as the title suggests, the work is a strange mix of styles and ideas which make it odd in its overall presentation. I guess one could say that the "strange places" are the deep recesses of my mind where these unusual (yet sometimes familiar) musical ideas where born. Inevitably, this makes the work hard to classify in any one genre. Suffice to say that it's a modern brew of contemporary and jazz compositional styles. Ultimately, this forces the soloist to be at the top of his/her game. The soloist must also be able to improvise as this is an important element of the work. Designed for 6 B-flat Trumpets plus 1 solo B-flat Trumpet.
ISMN # 979-0-800118-18-0
Grade Level - Very Difficult
Duration - 6 min. and up depending upon length of improvised solo