Welcome to the official website of composer Erik Morales!
• Please subscribe to my YouTube channel to view full scores and sound demos. CLICK HERE! New score videos will be posted every week. Thanks!
• NEW RELEASE! January 17, 2020, “THROUGH SPACE AND TIME” for 4 B-flat Trumpets and 4 Flugelhorns (~5 minutes) commissioned by the students of trumpet master Hiroaki Hayasaka from Kyoto, Japan. CLICK HERE FOR PRODUCT PAGE!
• Blackbinder implementation begins! Blackbinder versions of Concerto, Concerto for Two Trumpets and Passion Dance are now included with your hard-copy purchases of those pieces. Blackbinder is the most advanced automatic-scrolling sheet music app on the planet. Download it for free at the Apple App Store today and try it out.
• Congratulations to the Greater Dallas Youth Trumpet Ensemble for winning the inaugural 2019 NTC Pre-College Trumpet Ensemble Division with a great performance of “Cityscapes”. Check it out on YouTube: https://youtu.be/oJCnZB0crpo
• Just wanted to let you all know that I’m currently working on a bunch of new pieces! I just completed a new trumpet quintet for “Takumi” trumpet ensemble from Japan entitled “Celestial Dance”. That piece will be premiered and released in May 2019. I’ve also composed a 14 minute work for Stuttgart City Brass entitled “Ancient City” which will be released in January 2020. And, as usual, FJH Publishing will be releasing a new concert band work as well. Stay tuned for more updates coming…
• The trumpet ensemble from the University of Music Würzburg (Germany) has recorded “Infinite Ascent”. Check it out on YouTube: https://youtu.be/S22ipwqYr8M
Ruslan and Ludmila Overture
VIEW SAMPLE SCORE (sample score will open in new browser tab) Sound samples below...
This is an arrangement of the Overture from Mikhail Glinka's opera “Ruslan and Ludmila”. The opera was completed in 1842 and is based on a poem by Alexander Pushkin. The tale describes the abduction of a princess by an evil wizard and the mission of the brave night, Ruslan, to rescue her. The overture is a stunning show of instrumental bravura and acts as a premium showcase for the best musicians. The work is part of the classic orchestral repertoire. This arrangement represents a complete interpretation of the original overture. No musical segments were omitted. The arrangement uses a broad spectrum of trumpet types to allow for representative timbres and the largest possible octave range (4 complete octaves are utilized). For convenience, there is an alternate E-flat Trumpet part that can be used in place of the B-flat Piccolo Trumpet 2 part. This alternate part is given to allow for maximum flexibility in terms of available instrumentation and should be used as a replacement to the B-flat Piccolo Trumpet 2 part (not in addition to). An optional timpani part is also included.
ISMN # 979-0-800118-23-4
Difficulty: College to Pro Level