Welcome to the official website of composer Erik Morales!
• July 10, 2020 New Video: “Celestial Dance” as performed by the commissioning group Bach Artists Japan “Takumi”:
• June 6, 2020 New Release: “ÉTUDES Volume 1”. Fifteen short studies for Trumpet dedicated to educators and musicians who’ve had a positive impact on my musical growth. Also available as a BlackBinder app download.
• New videos: “Conquest” and “Conquest REMIX!” The REMIX! version’s backing track is included as a download when you purchase the sheet music. International Trumpet Collaborative 2020 starring: Rich Stoelzel (Canada), José Cháfer (Spain), Manu Mellaerts (Belgium), Fabrizio Nasetti (Italy), Sławomir Cichor (Poland) and Matthias Kamps (Germany):
• Check out my newest collaborative video: “Crystal Spheres”, starring Allen Vizzutti, José Sibaja, Vince DiMartino, Matthias Kamps, Rich Stoelzel, Terry Everson, José Chafer and Fabrizio Nasetti:
• Please subscribe to my YouTube channel to view full scores and sound demos. CLICK HERE! New score videos will be posted every week. Thanks!
• NEW RELEASE! April 1, 2020. “ANCIENT CITY” for Brass Ensemble (4 Bb or C Trumpets, 3 French Horns, 3 Trombones, 1 Bass Trombone and Tuba) (~14 minutes) commissioned by University of Music and Performing Arts, Stuttgart, Germany, Prof. Wolfgang Bauer, Prof. Christian Lampert, Prof. Henning Wiegräb, Prof. Stefan Heimann. CLICK HERE FOR PRODUCT PAGE!
• NEW RELEASE! January 17, 2020, “THROUGH SPACE AND TIME” for 4 B-flat Trumpets and 4 Flugelhorns (~5 minutes) commissioned by the students of trumpet master Hiroaki Hayasaka from Kyoto, Japan. CLICK HERE FOR PRODUCT PAGE!
• Blackbinder implementation begins! Blackbinder versions of Concerto, Concerto for Two Trumpets and Passion Dance are now included with your hard-copy purchases of those pieces. Blackbinder is the most advanced automatic-scrolling sheet music app on the planet. Download it for free at the Apple App Store today and try it out.
• Congratulations to the Greater Dallas Youth Trumpet Ensemble for winning the inaugural 2019 NTC Pre-College Trumpet Ensemble Division with a great performance of “Cityscapes”. Check it out on YouTube: https://youtu.be/oJCnZB0crpo
• Just wanted to let you all know that I’m currently working on a bunch of new pieces! I just completed a new trumpet quintet for “Takumi” trumpet ensemble from Japan entitled “Celestial Dance”. That piece will be premiered and released in May 2019. I’ve also composed a 14 minute work for Stuttgart City Brass entitled “Ancient City” which will be released in January 2020. And, as usual, FJH Publishing will be releasing a new concert band work as well. Stay tuned for more updates coming…
• The trumpet ensemble from the University of Music Würzburg (Germany) has recorded “Infinite Ascent”. Check it out on YouTube: https://youtu.be/S22ipwqYr8M
“Celestial Dance” is a short fanfare (2:40) for five trumpets. Much attention was given to the unique articulation properties of the trumpet. The players are challenged by these techniques which are difficult to master (such as double-tonguing and complex meters). Successful performance requires members the ensemble to be well acquainted with each other’s abilities.
“Celestial Dance” was commissioned, recorded and premiered by Bach Artist Japan “Takumi” Trumpet Ensemble of Japan to a sold-out audience on May 3, 2019 at Tokyo Opera City Recital Hall. The ensemble is comprised of principal and second chair trumpeters from the finest orchestras in the Tokyo area including Tonomori Sato, Tomoyuki Hasegawa, Kei Inoue, Tomoki Ando and Cheonho Yoon.